No products in the cart.
What Is ENTYVIO® Used For?
As we have already mentioned, ENTYVIO® is used in adults to treat
- Moderate to severe ulcerative colitis (UC) in cases when other UC medicines have not worked well enough or cannot be tolerated. This medicine is used to reduce certain symptoms, induce and maintain remission, stop the use of corticosteroids, and improve the lining of the large intestine.
- Moderate to severe Crohn’s disease (CD) when other CD medicines have not worked well enough or cannot be tolerated. Just like with UC, ENTYVIO® may help to reduce certain symptoms, achieve remission, and stop the use of corticosteroids.
It is extremely important this medication is prescribed by a specialist. We emphasize the importance of healthcare professionals conducting a thorough assessment before prescribing this medicine to their patients. Following their advice is crucial to get the best results and avoid any potential problems that might come with taking the medicine.
Additionally, before starting treatment, patients should be informed about all the possible benefits and risks, including the potential side effects, as some of them can be serious.
ENTYVIO® Side Effects
Just like any other medication, there are certain potential side effects patients might experience while using ENTYVIO®. While many individuals may experience no adverse reactions, it is important to be aware of them. ENTYVIO® may include the following:
- Allergic reaction – patients may experience an allergic reaction while they are receiving the medication or several hours after treatment. If the patient experiences any of these symptoms, they must notify their healthcare provider and get medical help immediately: rash, itching, swelling, shortness of breath, feeling hot, or palpitations.
- Infection – ENTYVIO® may increase the risk of getting a serious infection. Before receiving the treatment, or during treatment with ENTYVIO®, the patient must notify their healthcare provider if they are experiencing symptoms such as fever, chills, muscle aches, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, sensitive skin, tiredness, or pain during urination.
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML) – Individuals with compromised immune systems may be susceptible to PML (a severe brain infection induced by a virus). While the likelihood of this side effect occurring during ENTYVIO® treatment is low, the potential for such an event cannot be definitely excluded. PML carries the risk of death or a serious disability. Since there is no known treatment for PML, patient must immediately notify their healthcare provider if they start to manifest symptoms such as cognitive impairment, imbalance, altered gait or speech, loss of strength, blurred vision, or vision loss.
- Liver Problems – problems with the liver can manifest as one of the side effects of ENTYVIO®. Patients should tell their healthcare provider if they start experiencing tiredness, loss of appetite, pain on the right side of the abdomen, dark urine, or jaundice.
It is important to remember that this is a potent medication designed to address serious medical conditions, and its procurement requires serious consideration. If you want to buy ENTYVIO® online, we strongly recommend reaching out to our dedicated team for guidance.
ENTYVIO® vs Competition
ENTYVIO® works in a different way to anti-TNF drugs such as Infliximab and Adalimumab, which are usually prescribed to patients suffering from ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease. It differs from other medications because it functions as a “gut-selective integrin blocker.” It binds to integrin a4b7 and blocks it, which results in gut-selective anti-inflammatory activity.
ENTYVIO® works by stopping the blood cells from entering the lining of the gut. This means that the medication only targets the gut, rather than the whole body, like the anti-TNF drugs do, thus causing fewer side effects.
Where Can I Buy ENTYVIO®?
If you are wondering where you can buy ENTYVIO®, our team can provide assistance. Our knowledgeable professionals are well-equipped to provide all the help and information about the medication. It is important to acquire ENTYVIO® from a reputable and trusted supplier. If you have further questions or seek guidance on how to buy ENTYVIO® online, our team is here to assist you every step of the way.