Dermal fillers, often referred to as Cosmetic fillers, are a non-surgical option to correct the appearance of wrinkles, volume loss, and scars. As well, fillers can be used to restore volume that has been lost due to aging and other factors.
What are dermal filler products?
Dermal fillers involve the use of small injections of a gel to help fill and add volume to soft tissue. The most common areas dermal fillers are used around the eye, jawline, cheeks, and lips. The most commonly used and popular brands of dermal filler are Juvederm and Radiesse.
Why are dermal filler products used?
Generally speaking, dermal filler products are often used to do the following:
- Add volume to the areas of the skin, such as lips and cheeks.
- Reduce wrinkles in the face area, such as laugh lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
With that said, dermal filler products each have specific indications, so consult a product’s package insert for information specific to it.
Types of Dermal Filler Products
Calcium hydroxylapatite is naturally occurring in human bones. It is a mineral-like compound used to treat creases, enhance fullness, and improve volume. It is produced biosynthetically and is well tolerated due to not having any animal source.
Hyaluronic acid is used in injections to improve the skin’s contour while also reducing depressions in the facial area. It helps with skin that has been injured, scarred, and has lines. It is a natural substance found within the body.
Polylactic acid is a synthetic, injectable filler that causes the body to create collagen on its own. It can be used to fill laugh lines, plump lips, and treat deep nasolabial folds. Results take time with this type of dermal filler since it works by stimulating collagen production.
Cost of Dermal Filler Brands
Juvederm: $129.00 - $549.00
Radiesse: $169.00 - $264.00
Restylane: $83.00 - $229.00
Belotero: $119.00 - $349.00
- Juvederm: The Juvederm family of products are designed for problems related to aging. Using various mixtures containing hyaluronic acid, Juvederm helps replenish the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Radiesse: The Radiesse family of products helps treat skin issues at a deeper level and is effective at treating volume loss and wrinkles in the facial area. Containing calcium hydroxylapatite, Radiesse’s effectslast a long time due to stimulating the body’s own collagen.
- Restylane: The products within the Restylane brand helps with various skin issues. These hyaluronic acid-based fillers are useful for treating the appearance of wrinkles, adding volume, in the face, and enhancing lip volume.
How long do the effects of dermal filler products last?
When you buy dermal fillers, the results can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the product and severity of the area being treated. Individual results may vary.