The Restylane® brand consists of a collection of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers that address a variety of skin concerns. These cosmetic injectables help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and facial volume loss. As well, they aim to revitalize dull and tired-looking skin and enhance lip volume. In addition to that, doctors use these injectables to treat acne scars.
What is Restylane?
The Restylane brand comprises a collection of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers that address a variety of skin concerns. These cosmetic injectables help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and facial volume loss. These products work to improve the skin’s appearance for a youthful and refreshed complexion. As well, they aim to revitalize dull and tired looking skin and enhance lip volume, as well as reduce acne scars. Restylane dermal fillers are produced using non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) technology and Optimal Balance Technology (OBT). These technologies create the different textures needed to target specific concerns while offering a softer and more natural look. The Restylane brand first received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval in 2004 and was the first dermal filler brand to do so. More recently, Restylane Lyft received approval for the specific indication of hand rejuvenation. Restylane is a creation of the dermatological company Galderma.
What products does the Restylane brand consist of?
- RESTYLANE 1 ml
- RESTYLANE 1 ml With Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE LYFT 1ml
- RESTYLANE LYFT 1ml w/ Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE LYPS Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL w/ Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE 0.5 ml w/Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE REFYNE
- RESTYLANE VOLYME
- RESTYLANE DEFYNE
- RESTYLANE KYSSE
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL LIGHT w/ Lidocaine
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL LIGHT
How much do these products cost?
- RESTYLANE 1 ml: $133–$153
- RESTYLANE 1 ml With Lidocaine: $159–$179
- RESTYLANE LYFT 1ml: $149–$169
- RESTYLANE LYFT 1ml w/ Lidocaine: $165–$185
- RESTYLANE LYPS Lidocaine: $209–$229
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL w/ Lidocaine: $168–$189
- RESTYLANE 0.5 ml w/Lidocaine: $89–$109
- RESTYLANE REFYNE: $159–$179
- RESTYLANE VOLYME: $83–$89
- RESTYLANE DEFYNE: $189–$209
- RESTYLANE KYSSE: $159–$179
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL LIGHT w/ Lidocaine: $118–$139
- RESTYLANE SKINBOOSTERS VITAL LIGHT: $108–$129
What are the benefits of Restylane products?
- Brand-name recognition: Restylane enjoys worldwide recognition as one of the first hyaluronic acid filler brands, with a long track record of successful treatments. Its stellar reputation makes this brand trusted by doctors and clients around the world.
- Lowered risk of allergic reactions: Restylane fillers are derived from non-animal sources, thus resulting in greater tolerability and a decrease in likelihood of causing immunogenicity.
How long do the results of these dermal fillers last?
Restylane is expected to last an average of six to nine months, depending on the product used, the condition of skin, the age of the patient, and the area treated.
Is there recovery time associated with Restylane products?
As the most typical side effects are inflammatory responses from the injection, very little recovery time is needed. While patients can return to their regular activities, they should avoid activities that involve exposure to extreme heat, such as sunbathing, saunas, or steam baths, or to extreme cold until signs of inflammation have resolved.
Are they safe?
Treatment with Restylane products is regarded as safe. However, certain precautions should be exercised, as with any procedure involving injections.
Restylane’s products are contraindicated in the following types of patients:
- patients who are hypersensitive or allergic to hyaluronic acid or its derivatives
- pregnant or lactating women
- patients below the age of 18
These may not be all the contraindications for Restylane’s products. Some Restylane products may have different contraindications from other products in the brand. Refer to the package insert of a Restylane product for more information on its contraindications.
The side effects Radiesse products can cause include but are not limited to the following:
- pain at the site of treatment